Saturday, October 24, 2009

Random pictures

Hi everyone,

Here are just a few pictures of some of the fun things I've gotten to do on weekends - more to come later! Also, I'll be posting some pictures of the school grounds soon as well!

This is at Cabarete, a beach that we went to for a weekend in August - it was after the first two weeks of school, so it was an amazing time of rest and recuperation - at the time, I just needed to get away and completely forget about school for a few days!

This is what it looked like outside of the house I stayed in at Cabarete - it was an amazing place!

This is the upper Himenoa waterfall - I went there on a day hike one of the first weekends I was here - it is so amazingly beautiful!

On the left is Shanell, the 11-year-old that lives at my home-stay. The girl on the right is her friend Cynthia - this was taken the first or second night I was here.

In September, a large group of us went camping at Manabao (about a 45 minute taxi ride from Jarabacoa) - we hiked to another waterfall while there - this was the view from our tent!

There's just a few pictures - I have some friends here who have taken lots of pictures that I plan on getting and posting later!
Thanks for reading!
Blessings,
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment